Another Black Man Shot By Police

"They shot him four times. He has a license to carry. We had a busted tail light. And we had some weed in the car that’s about it," Diamond Reynolds confessed to her cell phone video after her boyfriend was shot by the St. Anthony Police Department on Wednesday. 

Reynolds and her boyfriend, Philando Castile, we're traveling down Larpenteur Avenue in Falcon Heights, Minnesota with Reynolds' 4 year old daughter in the back seat. The couple was pulled over for a broken tail light when the officer told Castile, the driver, to show him his license.  While reaching for his pocket, Castile informed the officer that he had a concealed weapon and was licensed to carry.  Despite his confession, Castile was shot four times in the arm for digging in his pocket for his ID.  But of course, the officer will most likely claim he feared for his life after the "suspect" reached for his pocket.

Reynolds quickly pulled out her phone and recorded from then on, stating where they were, what happened and why.  In the video, which was recorded live on Facebook but was since removed, shows a scared, yet calm Reynolds, Castile wearing a bloodied white tee slumped over in the driver seat and the officer screaming obscenities with his gun drawn as Castile's life drained from his body.  Reynolds was then told to get out of the car, to which she obliged, while several officers stood waiting with guns drawn.  Another officer held her four year old daughter while she was taken into custody.

St. Anthony Police interim chief, Sgt. Jon Mangseth, stated, "“[We haven’t had an] officer-involved shooting in, you know, 30 years or more. I’d have to go back in the history books, to tell you the truth.”

Following the shooting of Philando Castile, he was pronounced dead at Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis.  Approximately 200 people gathered at the shooting site around 1:30 a.m. Police then began to tow cars around 2:00 a.m. to disperse the crowd, which dwindled down by 2:30 a.m.  A mass of people also gathered at the Governor's mansion around 2:00 a.m.

See the video below.  WARNING Video contains graphic audio and images.