Teens Hospitalized After Eating Synthetic Marijuana Brownies

Four teens in Connecticut were sent to Danbury Hospital after eating brownies made with synthetic marijuana.  The students believed that they ate cannabis brownies however, police responded to a call from Henry Abbott Technical School where the teenagers were acting "abnormal."

The conditions of the students was not life threatening however, the concern from the authorities was very necessary.  The American Association of Poison Control says that synthetic marijuana is not similar to actual cannabis.  Synthetic marijuana, also known as Spice or K2, is laced with unregulated chemicals that are not safe to consume.

Synthetic drugs are manufactured in China and distributed through the internet but have been prohibited by many states.